Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: FEMA
CIS hires IBM to change business processes
Tags: GAO , DHS , management , technology , Sapient Corporation , Sandler and Travis Trade Advisory Services , The Legacy Network , Evolver , EDS , Deloitte Consulting , Blackstone Technology Group , IBM , Customs and Border Protection , Citizenship and Immigration Services , SI International , Unisys , Visionary Integration Professionals , Dave Abel , Charles Prow , e-government
With the eighth anniversary of the 9/11 attacks coming up at the end of the week, federal officials are continuing work to improve the nation's response to emergencies. The Federal Communications Commission is mapping out plans to keep the nation's lines of communication up and running in case something happens.
The Senate Homeland Security Ad Hoc Subcommittee on Disaster Recovery used recovery case management as an example of the problems and advantages of interagency collaboration.
Telecommunications contract is second in series of consolidations
FEMA wants to limit its role to supporting state and local governments. More than half of all states now have updated disaster recovery strategies.