Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: FEMA
Cyber-terrorists perpetuating hoaxes, new requirements for maritime cargo, and managing risks at sporting events.
Federal agencies, contractors and workers continue to work in Haiti to help that country in recovery efforts. While there, feds are using lessons learned from other disasters, like Hurricane Katrina and the Christmas Day tsunami. A former FEMA administrator gives Federal News Radio a few tips on how to learn from the experience.
In his first appearance on Federal News Radio, Administrator Craig Fugate talks about the role of his agency, his goals and why the public needs to always be prepared for an emergency.
July 1st, 2009
Social media is gaining a foothold in the emergency response realm. John Shea of the Federal Emergency Management Administration talks about how his team is deploying social media - and breaking into unexplored territory to get the agency's message out.
Quality, quantity of workforce making big difference for agency
CIS hires IBM to change business processes
Tags: GAO , DHS , management , technology , Sapient Corporation , Sandler and Travis Trade Advisory Services , The Legacy Network , Evolver , EDS , Deloitte Consulting , Blackstone Technology Group , IBM , Customs and Border Protection , Citizenship and Immigration Services , SI International , Unisys , Visionary Integration Professionals , Dave Abel , Charles Prow , e-government
With the eighth anniversary of the 9/11 attacks coming up at the end of the week, federal officials are continuing work to improve the nation's response to emergencies. The Federal Communications Commission is mapping out plans to keep the nation's lines of communication up and running in case something happens.