Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: FEMA
Federal chief financial officers have more foresight, insight and hindsight than ever before to make better decisions. But just as important as having these wide-ranging sight lines is how they are being translated down to the program level. Experts say agencies are slowly heading down the path of using data to make better decisions.
Tags: management , financial management , data analytics , Danny Werfel , OMB , Grant Thornton , Deloitte , Doug Criscitello , Vincent Dennis , GSA , Treasury , data sharing , Rise of the Money People , Jason Miller
Emma Garrison-Alexander is leaving government after 29 years, including the last four at the Transportation Security Administration. The Federal Emergency Management Agency also is searching for a new CIO.
On this week's edition of Agency of the Month, Rich Serino, deputy administrator of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), joins Federal News Radio.
Career expert and author John Grobe, Federal News Radio's Julia Ziegler, and Federal Times senior writer Stephen Losey will discuss sequestration and other issues affecting federal workers.
February 27, 2013
Tags: transition plan , John Grobe , Federal Career Experts , pay and benefits , sequestration , Julia Ziegler , Federal Times , budget battle , Stephen Losey , continuing resolution , CR deadline , furloughs , air traffic controllers , Mike Causey , Your Turn
President Barack Obama said he'll sign a $50.5 billion emergency relief measure for Superstorm Sandy victims as soon as it lands on his desk.
The former director of human resources at the Federal Emergency Management Agency pleaded guilty Tuesday to negotiating a job for himself at the Gallup Organization while he was supervising Gallup's multimillion-dollar contract with FEMA.
While social media has permeated nearly all aspects of American life, in many corners of the government, employees and managers are still figuring out how Facebook, Twitter and a host of other digital technologies can help them do their jobs better. A new report from the Partnership for Public Service and Booz Allen Hamilton presents case studies of effective uses of social media and provides tips for developing a coherent strategy.
The federal government is picking up the tab to restore power and provide transportation in the areas hardest hit by Post- tropical Cyclone Sandy.
After superstorm Sandy, the government is putting all hands on deck response to the storm, providing on-the-ground assistance, federal funding and coordinating rescue and clean-up efforts.
Tags: GSA , Sandy , Dan Tangherlini , DHS , Craig Fugate , Janet Napolitano , Transportation , Ray Lahood , Julius Genachowski , FCC , EPA , Energy Department , management , U.S. Coast Guard , DoD , Jack Moore