Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: FEHBP
A bill has been introduced that would let the Office of Personnel Management extend health insurance to adult children of federal employees this year, instead of having them wait for the Affordable Health Care Act that was signed by President Obama in March.
December 13 is the final day feds can make changes to their health care plans so tune in for some last minute advice. Colleen Murphy of Asparity Decision Solutions and Al Schubert with VSP are the guests.
December 13, 2010
Hosts Bob Leins and John Elliott welcome back Walton Francis, Editor, Checkbook Guide to the Health Plans for Federal Employees to discuss health plan cost changes this open season.
December 6, 2010
Hosts Bob Leins and Tammy Flanagan are joined by Walton Francis, Editor of the Checkbook Guide Checkbook Guide to Health Plans for Federal Employees, to discuss available health plans, what's new this year and the costs.
November 1, 2010
Join hosts Bob Leins and Tammy Flanagan as they welcome back Federal News Radio's very own Mike Causey.
September 27, 2010
Walt Francis, editor of Checkbook's Guide to Health Plans for Federal Employees, joins FEDtalk to discuss the major changes for federal employees to their FEHBP health, vision and dental plans.
December 3, 2010
OPM Director John Berry is calling for agency executives to use their existing tools to get rid of poor performers. Berry tells House lawmakers that over the next year OPM will work with managers improve performance management. OPM also giving up on its retirement systems modernization program and putting its financial management system upgrade on hold.
Tags: pay and benefits , management , OPM , John Berry , House Appropriations Subcommittee on Financial Ser , Jo Ann Emerson , Barbara Lee , Steve Womack , budget , best practices , hiring , employee dismissal , federal managers , John Buckner
Feds have many questions about what Congress and President Barack Obama have in store for them in the years ahead. Federal Times experts Steve Watkins and Sean Reilly, and Carol Bonosaro, Senior Executive Association President, join Mike Causey to discuss these issues.
Buying a health plan simply because it has low premiums can be a big mistake unless: you have been dropped from your parents federal health plan; you are the ex-spouse of a federal worker or retiree or you are currently piggybacking on your nonfederal spouses health insurance. In that case, says Senior Correspondent Mike Causey, expensive can still be cheap.
Federal health benefits expert Walton Francis explains what feds need to do in the last week leading up to the open season deadline.