Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: FEGLI
The Office of Personnel Management recently filed two proposals to change how feds enroll in the Federal Employee Dental and Vision Insurance Program and to expand the regulations of the Federal Employees' Group Life Insurance.
A recent Government Accountability Office report suggests OPM needs to do a better job of explaining the program's benefits and conduct more structured reviews of the program and its premium rates.
For many federal employees, FEGLI premiums are more expensive compared to what these employees may be able to purchase in an individual life insurance policy from a private insurance company. Ed Zurndorfer explains.
Are you considering a Roth IRA? How do you know if it's the right option for you? Bob Leins of the National Institute of Transition Planning joins Mike Causey on this week's Your Turn. John Montague of WAEPA will also join the show to explain why some life insurance plans may be better than FEGLI for some federal workers.
October 20, 2010