Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: FEGLI
The Office of Personnel Management recently filed two proposals to change how feds enroll in the Federal Employee Dental and Vision Insurance Program and to expand the regulations of the Federal Employees' Group Life Insurance.
A recent Government Accountability Office report suggests OPM needs to do a better job of explaining the program's benefits and conduct more structured reviews of the program and its premium rates.
For many federal employees, FEGLI premiums are more expensive compared to what these employees may be able to purchase in an individual life insurance policy from a private insurance company. Ed Zurndorfer explains.
Are you considering a Roth IRA? How do you know if it's the right option for you? Bob Leins of the National Institute of Transition Planning joins Mike Causey on this week's Your Turn. John Montague of WAEPA will also join the show to explain why some life insurance plans may be better than FEGLI for some federal workers.
October 20, 2010