Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: FDA
The battle over a breast cancer drug will be heating up again at the end of the month after the FDA banned its use.
The House voted on a spending bill that will slash the Food and Drug Administration's budget by nearly 12 percent.
Maggie Fox, managing editor for technology and health care at National Journal
Feds who make more than $180,000 a year make up less than one percent of the federal workforce. Leading that pack are doctors, lawyers and dentists. Doctors held roughly eight out of 10 of the top-salaried jobs.
There's a meat industry secret they probably don't want you to know. It's called transglutaminase, more commonly known as "meat glue."
More details are emerging about the $38 billion dollar deal lawmakers say they reached to keep the government from shutting down. Some cuts were made by pruning money left over from previous years. More than half of the cuts affect education, labor and health programs. A vote in the House is expected as early as Wednesday and the Senate must pass it by Friday to prevent a shutdown.
Health and Human Services recognizes six software tools that are leading the way in innovation for the agency.
A $1.4 billion overhaul of the food safety system, giving the FDA new power to increase inspections at food processing facilities and force companies to recall tainted products. Commissioner Dr. Margaret Hamburg joins us with an update.
As the Nation implements recently enacted health reform legislation, our regional businesses are uniquely qualified to assist the federal government to transform Health IT. Maryland is home to HHS, NIH, FDA, NIST, SSA, and the new Cyber Security Command Center and all of these agencies work with businesses to innovate health information technology. Montgomery County's Barbara Ashe tells us about a way to bring the sectors together.
Tags: Federal Drive , management , contracting , Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce , Montgomery County Chamber Community Foundation , Barbara Ashe , HHS , NIH , NIST , SSA , Cyber Security Command Center , health care reform
Josh Sharfstein discusses his time with FDA before he leaves his post as principal deputy commissioner.