Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: FDA
The latest presidential executive order tries to boost information sharing about cybersecurity threats and sharing is to take place among government agencies and between the government and industry. To find out how, Federal Drive talks to Jim Fama, vice president for energy delivery at the Edison Electric Institute. And imagine the panic if there's a major health outbreak and just not enough medicine for everyone. The FDA wants the public's help as it drafts a new strategy to combat drug shortages. Capt. Valerie Jensen is associate director of the drug shortage program at FDA and she joins the Federal Drive.
The Food and Drug Administration's new Information Management Strategic plan is helping to create a new infrastructure to support using data to meet its mission.
January 24, 2013
Paul Strasser of Dynamics Research Corporation talks about a new deal his company has with FDA. Marilee Fitzgerald, director of the Department of Defense Education Activity, discusses promoting STEM fields. Tim Scannell of Technology Guide reports from the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
Tags: Paul Strasser , Dynamics Research Corporation , Marilee Fitzgerald , DoD , Department of Defense Education Activity , STEM , Tim Scannell , Technology Guide , Consumer Electronics Show , technology , Federal Drive , DoD Report , cybersecurity , Cybersecurity Report
Martin Libicki of Rand Corp talks about the 2013 Defense Authorization Bill. Dov Zakheim reviews what DoD Secretary-nominee Chuck Hagel can expect from Congress. Attorney Mark Schamel explains how the Defense Authorization Bill helps off-duty law enforcement agents. Erik Olson of the Pew Health Group discusses new food safety rules issued by the FDA. John Palguta of the Partnership for Public Service previews the SAMMIE nomination process. Katherine McFate discusses OMB Watch's name change.
Tags: Martin Libicki , RAND Corporation , Dov Zakheim , Senate , DoD , Chuck Hagel , Mark Schamel , Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice , Defense Authorization Bill , Officer Safety Act , Erik Olson , Pew Health Group , John Palguta , SAMMIE , Partnership for Public Service , Katherine McFate , Center for Effective Government , OMB Watch , DoD Report , cybersecurity , Cybersecurity Update , Federal Drive
The Food and Drug Administration on Friday proposed the most sweeping food safety rules in decades, requiring farmers and food companies to be more vigilant in the wake of deadly outbreaks in peanuts, cantaloupe and leafy greens.
Lawrence Korb of the Center for American Progress says sequestration may not be such a bad thing. Buddy Bland talk about upgrades to the Oak Ridge National Laboratory's supercomputer. Mark Russo of the FDA talks about food shortages caused by Hurricane Sandy.
Sean Patton of Lockheed Martin talks about the EPA's migration to a collaboration and communication service. Sanjay Koyani discusses a partnership with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and other Health and Human Services components to get better leverage out of the information it has. Engineer Norman R. Augustin talks about a new report on STEM prepared by the National Academy of Engineering and the National Research Council.
Tags: Sean Patton , Lockheed Martin , EPA , cloud computing , email migration , technology , Sanjay Koyani , Center for Tobacco Products , Norman Augustine , National Academy of Engineering , National Research Council , STEM , Federal Drive
The Federal Drive gets post-superstorm Sandy updates from the National Weather Service and the U.S. Coast Guard.