Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: FDA
For her efforts in raising awareness of the regulatory challenges the Food and Drug Administration was facing due to globalization, the Partnership for Public recently named GAO's Marcia Crosse as one of the finalists for the 2014 Citizen Services Medal.
Terrorists in the Middle East are using weapons, supplies, and even new technology made in the United States in their attacks on Iraqi cities and elsewhere. David Olive is a principal of Catalyst Partners and a writer for the Security Debrief blog. He said on In Depth with Francis Rose, they're even using a brand new drug the Food and Drug Administration just approved for military use in April, and it's calling into question the security of the military supply chain.
The Food Safety Modernization Act passed three years ago boosted the Food and Drug Administration's power to keep our food supply safe. But like any new law, the devil is in the details and they've been a long time coming. The FDA is still working on the major rules. Mike Taylor, FDA's deputy commissioner for Food and Veterinary Medicine, spoke with Federal Drive host Emily Kopp about what comes next with the rules.
Ronald Loube was nominated for a Causey Award for his design and development of an in-house training program called The FDA Acquisition Academy.
A new staff report from the Senate Commerce Committee highlights some of the ways in which the government shutdown is throwing sand in the gears of the private economy. But the authors also point to several ways in which federal furloughs are jeopardizing public safety.
Tags: workforce , management , government shutdown , Congress , Senate Commerce Committee , Aerospace Industries Association , Consumer Federation of America , Deborah Hersman , Marion Blakey , Rachel Weintraub , NTSB , FAA , CPSC , NHTSA , Jared Serbu
Sally Howard is stepping down as the chief of staff at Health and Human Services to become the deputy commissioner for policy at the Food and Drug Administration.
News and buzz in the acquisition and IT communities that you may have missed this week.
Tony Varano, founder and CEO of DSG, joins host John Gilroy to discuss how to improve healthcare data collection.
March 12, 2013
The latest presidential executive order tries to boost information sharing about cybersecurity threats and sharing is to take place among government agencies and between the government and industry. To find out how, Federal Drive talks to Jim Fama, vice president for energy delivery at the Edison Electric Institute. And imagine the panic if there's a major health outbreak and just not enough medicine for everyone. The FDA wants the public's help as it drafts a new strategy to combat drug shortages. Capt. Valerie Jensen is associate director of the drug shortage program at FDA and she joins the Federal Drive.