Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: FCS
Memo calls for smaller scale, incremental programs. Army must have plan in place in 30 days on how it will meet new project goals.
With the release of the FY 2010 budget, Geren says some programs must go, while others will be strengthened.
Termination fees could impact budget of future modernization efforts. New strategy to detail incremental approach; Boeing still to do some work.
The Army's BCT Modernization plan was released Feb. 19. It calls for fielding "Spin-Out" technologies such as sensors and robotics from the former Future Combat Systems program to all BCTs. It cancels the FCS Manned Ground Vehicle variants and calls for developing a new "Ground Combat Vehicle" that the Army can begin fielding within seven years.