Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: FCS
Memo calls for smaller scale, incremental programs. Army must have plan in place in 30 days on how it will meet new project goals.
With the release of the FY 2010 budget, Geren says some programs must go, while others will be strengthened.
Termination fees could impact budget of future modernization efforts. New strategy to detail incremental approach; Boeing still to do some work.
The Army's BCT Modernization plan was released Feb. 19. It calls for fielding "Spin-Out" technologies such as sensors and robotics from the former Future Combat Systems program to all BCTs. It cancels the FCS Manned Ground Vehicle variants and calls for developing a new "Ground Combat Vehicle" that the Army can begin fielding within seven years.