Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: FCC
Sharon Gillett, chief of the FCC's Wireline Competition Bureau, examines what change to Universal Service Fund means for Internet expansion.
The agency has launched its Small Biz Cyber Planner to help businesses make a cybersecurity protection plan
A weather emergency cancels an FCC forum on public safety broadband communications.
The FCC makes way for the future of interoperability.
Steps have been taken, but more needs to be done. That's the findings of a new report about emergency coordination between agencies. The Government Accountability Office says the two organizations responsible for assisting first responders. Homeland Security and the FCC have not established a common vision for an inter-operable public safety policy. The report calls for better alignment between the FCC's interoperable network and Homeland Security's National Emergency Communications Plan.
Public safety officials are asking for room on the airwaves for a dedicated wireless broadband network for first responders.
May 21, 2009
CRS report highlights potential overlap across government
Overlap of and defining duties at top of list