Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: FCC
May 21, 2009
CRS report highlights potential overlap across government
Overlap of and defining duties at top of list
The new plan seems to be saying Depression-era programs that subsidize rural telephone provision should be redirected to developing broadband access, according to a former undersecretary of Commerce.
More corners of the country would have high-speed Internet access and existing connections would become much faster under a sweeping proposal to overhaul U.S. broadband policy that is being unveiled Tuesday.
Daily new, attractive and useful applications are added to wireless services, and data rates continue to increase as consumers require faster access to mobile applications. Additional spectrum for commercial wireless services will be needed and it will be needed soon.
Agency wants to know what the public thinks; hopes to get ideas that might shape policy.
Measure would force collaboration in cyber-crisis, Broadband plan would make FCC a player in cybersecurity framework