Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: FBI
The FBI and inspectors general from EPA and GSA are investigating an 18-month scam targeting vendors on the GSA schedule. The bad actors are spoofing federal employee emails to buy toner cartridges with stolen credit cards. Federal News Radio's Executive Editor Jason Miller was a guest on In Depth with Francis Rose. to provide details about the scam and information about how you should protect yourself. Read Federal News Radio's related article.
In our weekly Crime of the Week feature, Federal News Radio reports on a federal employee who is under investigation or charged with a crime.
The drastic budgetary cuts that face the FBI pose a clear and present danger to national security and to the citizens of the United States. If these cuts remain in place it will not be a question of if, but rather when disaster will occur, says Ellen Glasser, president of the Society of Former Special Agents of the FBI.
Walton Francis, author of the Checkbook Guide to the Health Plan for Federal Employees, and NARFE's David Snell will answer your open season questions.
November 20, 2013 (Encore presentation November 27, 2013)
Tags: pay and benefits , health care , FEHBP , Open Season , Walton Francis , Checkbook Guide to Health Plans for Federal Employees , David Snell , NARFE , Federal Times , Andy Medici , HealthCare.gov , IT procurement , Mike Causey , Your Turn
The FBI says Aaron Alexis did not target individuals when he went on a shooting spree at the Washington Navy Yard. A video released by the FBI shows Alexis arriving at the Navy Yard by car and entering Building 197, the headquarters of Naval Sea Systems Command.
The Partnership for Public Services nominated Supervisory Special Agent Seamus McElearney and a team of FBI agents for a 2013 Sammies Medal, for their investigation of the notorious Colombo and Bonanno La Cosa Nostra crime families.
A special agent won his discrimination lawsuit against the FBI but is struggling to get his job back.
The FBI hopes a new portal, iGuardian, will enable the FBI to help companies protect themselves against malware by creating a repository of cybersecurity breaches.
Tags: industry , cybersecurity , iGuardian , Rick McFeely , technology , AFCEA , information sharing , Rick Howard , TASC , Troy Mattern , Software Engineering Institute , Melissa Dawkins , Jason Miller