Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: FAI
Joe Jordan, the administrator of the Office of Federal Procurement Policy, issued a memo requiring civilian agencies to use the Federal Acquisition Institute Training Application System to track how acquisition workers are meeting certification requirements. Agencies have several deadlines over the next year to input data into the system.
GSA also renews a contract to improve its human resources shared service provider effort. The Federal Acquisition Institute will hold an industry day in November to discuss two new solicitations.
OFPP Administrator Dan Gordon looks back on his tenure highlighting the successes of his office. Gordon will become the associate dean of contracts law at The George Washington University in January. He said improvements to the acquisition workforce and the implementation of strategic sourcing are among his accomplishments.
Tags: acquisition , acquisition workforce , acquisition policy , Dan Gordon , OFPP , DAU , strategic sourcing , GSA , budget , supercommittee , George Washington University , insourcing , Jason Miller
Progress has been made in better recruiting and training the acquisition workforce, but budget cuts could threaten years of progress, outgoing OFPP administrator Dan Gordon said at a House Oversight and Government Reform Subcommittee hearing on Wednesday.
Tags: acquisition , workforce , acquisition workforce , DoD , DAU , Donna Jenkins , Katrina McFarland , Roger Jordan , PSC , Dan Gordon , Gerry Connolly , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Jared Serbu
Acting administrator Prouty promises the agency will lead the nation in how they use environmentally friendly products and services. Prouty says he wants to add funding in 2011 for research and development for green products and other things. GSA's schedules received a lift in 2009 because of Recovery Act and the excitement over energy saving products and services.
Tags: contracting , management , Paul Prouty , Steve Kempf , GSA , FAS , DAU , VA , Coalition for Government Procurement , Acquisition management , schedules , Assisted acquisition services , green IT , Recovery Act , training
Agency issues RFI looking for vendors to provide information for future solicitation.
OFPP administrator Dan Gordon said the morale of contracting officers and other acquisition workers is improving. OPM issued a new IT program and project management competency guidance.
FAI, DAU teaming together to provide contracting officers and others training and tools.
The Office of Management and Budget wants to improve government-industry communication. It has launched a myth-busting campaign to help agencies understand procurement rules. Officials say poor communication often leads to faulty contracts and wasted money.