Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: FAA
Early reports say human error caused the breakdown of an FAA communications system in November. That word comes from FAA Administrator Randy Babbitt in an exclusive interview with FederalNewsRadio. Babbitt says technicians performing a router upgrade turned off a warning system but didn't switch it on when they finished. That resulted in a system breakdown, snarling air traffic around the country.
Admin. Babbitt says NextGen, the satellite-based system, will pay for itself in fuel savings
The FAA and the Department of Transportation join forces and hold a job fair for people with disabilities.
Lawmakers push for faster and more inclusive implementation of new air traffic control system. CTO nominee Chopra faces little scrutiny from committee.
Tags: technology , mngt , transition , Aneesh Chopra , Randolph Babbitt , Kay Bailey Hutchinson , Johnny Isakson , Mark Warner , Amy Klobuchar , White House , Office of Science and Technology Policy , CTO , NextGen , Health IT
Listen On Demand Below
Tags: tech , cybersecurity , Digital Pearl Harbor , Dave Bowen , Darren Ash , NRC , Robert Carey , Navy , Jim Finch , FBI , Dean Turner , Symantec , Dr. Eric Cole , Lockheed Martin , Jim Flyzik , Tom Trezza