Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: FAA
Robert Rovinsky Director, IT Enterprise Service at the FAA, brings his ideas to Fed Tech Talk this week.
Jan. 26, 2010
Early reports say human error caused the breakdown of an FAA communications system in November. That word comes from FAA Administrator Randy Babbitt in an exclusive interview with FederalNewsRadio. Babbitt says technicians performing a router upgrade turned off a warning system but didn't switch it on when they finished. That resulted in a system breakdown, snarling air traffic around the country.
Admin. Babbitt says NextGen, the satellite-based system, will pay for itself in fuel savings
The FAA and the Department of Transportation join forces and hold a job fair for people with disabilities.
Lawmakers push for faster and more inclusive implementation of new air traffic control system. CTO nominee Chopra faces little scrutiny from committee.
Tags: technology , mngt , transition , Aneesh Chopra , Randolph Babbitt , Kay Bailey Hutchinson , Johnny Isakson , Mark Warner , Amy Klobuchar , White House , Office of Science and Technology Policy , CTO , NextGen , Health IT
Listen On Demand Below
Tags: tech , cybersecurity , Digital Pearl Harbor , Dave Bowen , Darren Ash , NRC , Robert Carey , Navy , Jim Finch , FBI , Dean Turner , Symantec , Dr. Eric Cole , Lockheed Martin , Jim Flyzik , Tom Trezza