Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Executive Leadership Conference
In his first public comments since the portal launched, federal CIO Steve VanRoekel said agencies and contractors can learn from the problems the website encountered. He said many times big failures provide the opening for major changes.
Acting Deputy Secretary Rafael Borras said the goal of the new Management Cube is to merge back-office data into one platform. Data analysts will then find trends and discover opportunities to improve mission investments. The Homeland Security Department will launch the initiative in January.
Dexter Brooks and Jo Linda Johnson from the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and Doug Gentile from the Association of Federal External Civil Rights Specialists and Officers, will discuss some of the EEO issues they are currently working on.
March 23, 2012
Tags: Fed Talk , workforce , hiring , EEOC , Dexter Brooks , Jo Linda Johnson , Doug Gentile , Association of Federal External Civil Rights Specialists and Officers , Tony Vergnetti , Federal Employee Defense Services , Shaw Bransford & Roth
The number of data centers has almost tripled over the past 10 years across government. One estimate is that 80 percent of all these capabilities are underutilized. Federal CIO Vivek Kundra says cloud computing is part of the answer to reducing the data center infrastructure.
Tags: contracting , technology , Gary Winkler , Jeff Sorenson , Vivek Kundra , Greg Wilshusen , Diane Watson , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , Army , OMB , GSA , GAO , DHS , IAC/ACT , data center , APCs , cybersecurity
At the Executive Leadership Conference in Williamsburg, Ed DeSeve says agencies are finding and fixing most simple errors in Recovery reporting. The special advisor to the Vice President says extra work by agencies will make Recovery data clearer.
ACT-IAC Executive Director Ken Allen joins host Mark Amtower for a wide-ranging discussion of the myriad of projects that ACT-IAC is working on.
May 23, 2011 (Encore presentation June 13, 2011)
Tags: contracting , technology , ACT-IAC , Ken Allen , Management of Change Conference , grants managment program , GSA , IPv6 , Information Sharing Environment , Networx 2020 , VistA , OMB , Mary Davie , Jim Beaupre , Mark Amtower , Amtower Off Center
The Federal Drive's Tom Temin caught up with Todd Park, the chief technology officer for Health and Human Services. Park gives an update on the progress of moving towards electronic health records and examines a linkage between two pieces of health record legislation.
Joanne Woytek is Program Manager for NASA's SEWP: Solutions for Enterprise-Wide Procurement. She gives Tom Temin an update on the success of the program and tells him what lies ahead.
2010 ELC plans to bring together leaders from government and industry to discuss how results-oriented approaches are working, how to address existing capability gaps, and how to sustain continuous government transformation. We get a preview from conference chairs Kathy Conrad and Dave McClure.