Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Ernest McDuffie
The "persistent threat" is becoming the hallmark of how government and industry deal with cybersecurity concerns, particularly threats to the nation's electrical grid and critical infrastructure. Plus: how is industry and government training and retaining top cybersecurity professionals? On this edition of "AFCEA Answers", we'll explore these topics with Dr. Ernest McDuffie from NIST; Mike Peterson, Vice President with URS, former Air Force CIO; and Tom Conway, Director of Federal Business Development with McAfee.
This week Federal Security Spotlight checks in with Ernest McDuffie, the leader for the National Initiative on Cyber Security Education.
July 14, 2010
Cybersecurity training is expanding beyond agencies and into high schools, libraries and other workplaces. It's called the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education. We learn more about it from NIST's Dr. Ernest McDuffie.
Also in the cybersecurity headlines: Navy CIO Carey moving to Fleet Cyber Command, Study Reveals DHS Does Not Dominate the Homeland Security Market