Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Eric Young
During the final edition of Inside Government on Federal News Radio, your host Ward Morrow speaks with Chris Garlock of the DC Labor Film Fest and discusses issues at the Bureau of Prisons with Eric Young, the AFGE Council of Prisons Locals. Inside Government also looks back through AFGE history with the union's Chief of Staff, Brian DeWyngaert, and discusses what's next with AFGE National President J. David Cox, Sr.
Federal prisons are becoming more violent and dangerous for the guards who work in them. But the guards have a new tool that can help: a contract. It took 16 years to negotiate and ratify. Eric Young is president of American Federation of Government Employees' Council of Prison Locals. He joined Tom Temin and Emily Kopp on the Federal Drive to discuss the new contract.
Nearly three in every 10 new employees hired by the federal government have worked for Uncle Sam before -- in uniform. But even as the federal government has found success onboarding veteran employees, new questions have been raised about the workplace environments veterans are encountering.
Tags: workforce , management , veteran , veteran hiring , OPM , Employee Viewpoint Survey , Brandon Friedman , Alex Horton , VA , Barrett Bogue , Bureau of Prisons , morale , Jeff Neal , Patrick Boulay
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" National President J. David Cox Sr. previews the union's 2014 agenda and Council of Prison Locals President Eric Young discusses the work environment inside the Federal Bureau of Prisons. AFGE Local 2778 Vice President John Adams addresses contracting out concerns at the Department of Veterans Affairs.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" General Services Administration Local 2275 President John Garvey discusses efforts to end workplace discrimination while new Council of Prison Locals President Eric Young shares his top priorities going forward. Also, AFGE District 11 National Fair Practices Coordinator Ivan Weich responds to a layoff proposal at the Columbia Basin Job Corps in Moses Lake, Wash. and Department of Veterans Affairs Local 1988 EVP Geddes Scott advocates for more staffing at the VA.
Federal Times "Money Matters" Columnist
Southeast Regional Vice President, AFGE Council of Prison Locals
Dr. Elsie Scott
President and CEO, Congressional Black Caucus Foundation