Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Eric Young
Nearly three in every 10 new employees hired by the federal government have worked for Uncle Sam before -- in uniform. But even as the federal government has found success onboarding veteran employees, new questions have been raised about the workplace environments veterans are encountering.
Tags: workforce , management , veteran , veteran hiring , OPM , Employee Viewpoint Survey , Brandon Friedman , Alex Horton , VA , Barrett Bogue , Bureau of Prisons , morale , Jeff Neal , Patrick Boulay
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" National President J. David Cox Sr. previews the union's 2014 agenda and Council of Prison Locals President Eric Young discusses the work environment inside the Federal Bureau of Prisons. AFGE Local 2778 Vice President John Adams addresses contracting out concerns at the Department of Veterans Affairs.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" General Services Administration Local 2275 President John Garvey discusses efforts to end workplace discrimination while new Council of Prison Locals President Eric Young shares his top priorities going forward. Also, AFGE District 11 National Fair Practices Coordinator Ivan Weich responds to a layoff proposal at the Columbia Basin Job Corps in Moses Lake, Wash. and Department of Veterans Affairs Local 1988 EVP Geddes Scott advocates for more staffing at the VA.
Federal Times "Money Matters" Columnist
Southeast Regional Vice President, AFGE Council of Prison Locals
Dr. Elsie Scott
President and CEO, Congressional Black Caucus Foundation