Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Energy Star
The Green Building Advisory Committee recommends GSA establish the LEED certification as the governmentwide standard for all federal buildings. GSA will work with Energy and DoD to come up with the final decision.
The government's new strategy on electronic stewardship said no federal electronics should end up in a landfill. Agencies should make sure their computers, monitors and other equipment is reused whenever possible and eventually recycled by a certified company. The Government Services Administration will publish guidance in February.
All but three departments met the goal to cut down the amount of energy they use by 9 percent. Agencies also expected to spend more than a billion dollars in 2009 on energy efficient projects. GSA's new rule goes into effect today requiring new leases to have an Energy Star rating.
Tags: green government , management , technology , IT , acquisition policy , acquisition , contracting , policy , EPA , GSA , National Strategy for Electronics Stewardship , EPEAT , electronic product environmental assessment tool , Martha Johnson , Lisa Jackson , Nancy Sutley , recycling , Ruben Gomez
Department of Energy
April 14th, 2009
EPA environmental protection specialist Una Song joins host John Gilroy to talk about the Energy Star project and how it can help your agency monitor its energy use.
April 26, 2011
WTOP Saves You Money on home heating, with some easy tips from the EPA.
A new survey on how well agencies contract for sustainable products and services is under development. GSA and OFPP also are taking other steps to promote green purchasing including training courses and changes to acquisition regulations.
Despite the high installation cost, new windows can lower your carbon footprint and even earn you a substantial tax credit.