Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Energy Star
The Green Building Advisory Committee recommends GSA establish the LEED certification as the governmentwide standard for all federal buildings. GSA will work with Energy and DoD to come up with the final decision.
The government's new strategy on electronic stewardship said no federal electronics should end up in a landfill. Agencies should make sure their computers, monitors and other equipment is reused whenever possible and eventually recycled by a certified company. The Government Services Administration will publish guidance in February.
All but three departments met the goal to cut down the amount of energy they use by 9 percent. Agencies also expected to spend more than a billion dollars in 2009 on energy efficient projects. GSA's new rule goes into effect today requiring new leases to have an Energy Star rating.
Tags: green government , management , technology , IT , acquisition policy , acquisition , contracting , policy , EPA , GSA , National Strategy for Electronics Stewardship , EPEAT , electronic product environmental assessment tool , Martha Johnson , Lisa Jackson , Nancy Sutley , recycling , Ruben Gomez
Department of Energy
April 14th, 2009
EPA environmental protection specialist Una Song joins host John Gilroy to talk about the Energy Star project and how it can help your agency monitor its energy use.
April 26, 2011
WTOP Saves You Money on home heating, with some easy tips from the EPA.
A new survey on how well agencies contract for sustainable products and services is under development. GSA and OFPP also are taking other steps to promote green purchasing including training courses and changes to acquisition regulations.
Despite the high installation cost, new windows can lower your carbon footprint and even earn you a substantial tax credit.