Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Energy
Part of the Defense Department's new energy strategy is about getting more small businesses into the Pentagon's energy pipeline. Sharon Burke, the assistant secretary of Defense for operational energy plans and programs, discussed the Pentagon's energy strategy on In Depth with Francis Rose.
Cammie Croft, the department's director of new media, tells The Federal Drive with Tom Temin about some of the datasets available to developers and apps that have been created.
The lab has submitted a plan to the National Nuclear Security Administration and is waiting for approval to offer the buyouts.
David Powner, the director of information technology management issues at GAO, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss a recent report on duplicative IT investments at the Defense, Energy and Homeland Security Departments.
Energy, DHS and DoD CIOs told House lawmakers how each of their agencies is reducing duplicative systems. GAO released its latest report on the IT dashboard and found the three agencies need to improve how they categorize projects.
Tags: technology , management , budget , DoD , DHS , Richard Spires , Teri Takai , Mike Locatis , House Oversight and Government Reform Commitee , IT governance , IT efficiencies , GAO , David Powner , IT Dashboard , Jason Miller
One objective of the program is to reach new contractors, primarily small businesses and entrepreneurs.
Jane Nordholt, a technical staff member in Applied Modern Physics at Los Alamos, explains how the technology could change cybersecurity as we know it.
General Services Administration is teaming up with other agencies to solicit bids from energy providers via online auctions. GSA's New England Region administrator details the savings his office has reaped from the program.
The Navy has signed a deal to start funneling green energy to its largest base. Instead of costing money, the project will save money, Navy and industry officials say.
The Air Force is hungry for energy like no agency in the federal government. The service's top energy official says they're trying to have a smaller appetite without hindering their mission.