Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Energy
Secretary Steven Chu announced several leadership changes, including naming Robert Brese as the department's new chief information officer.
After breaking into the network, the man allegedly tried to sell access to DoE for $50,000.
Pia Romero is a contracts administrator at the Los Alamos National Laboratory and serves as an executive officer in the New Mexico Army National Guard. In a column for Federal News Radio's special report, Inside the World's Biggest Buyer, she says DoD's Rapid Acquisition Program provides items to the force, allows the contracting community the ability to participate and compete in the process, and can save money when applied properly.
Leaders from both services are visiting military bases and renewable energy gatherings together to identify best practices. The Army and Air Force will jointly host a renewable energy industry forum in Washington next month.
On this week's Capital Impact show, energy analysts Rob Barnett and Richard Heidorn discuss the future of nuclear power. Plus, the latest on the congressional energy debate with Loren Duggan and Derek Wallbank.
Katherine Hammack, the assistant secretary of the Army for Installations, Energy and the Environment, joins Pentagon Solutions to discuss the Energy Initiatives Task Force, which focuses on creating large renewable energy projects on military bases.
Donald Adcock, who served from 2010 until this month as the executive director of the Army Information Technology Agency, has left the Pentagon to become the associate CIO for IT services at the Department of Energy.
Mike Locatis will become the new assistant secretary for cybersecurity and communications at DHS's National Protection and Programs Directorate. He replaces Greg Schaffer who left in March.
The Defense Department may be the single largest energy consumer on the planet, but it can be the greatest energy conserver, too. That's according to a new Air Force in a new video called "The Five Things Every Airman Should Know About Energy."
The White House announced several initiatives to improve energy security for the military.