Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Energy
The government's Pacific Northwest National Laboratory has suffered a cyber attack.
The Defense Department says it's committed to changing both the way it uses energy and the kinds of energy the military uses.
Chris Core, commentator
CIO Rosio Alvarez said she soon will release a RFP to move the lab's ERP system to the cloud. Berkeley already moved its email to the cloud.
A new bill for saving energy and money for your agency. Senator Tom Carper (D-Del.) explains it.
Federal CIO Vivek Kundra expects GSA to issue a solicitation by May 10 for a $2.5 billion contract for email-as-a-service. It's part of how the administration wants agencies to move to cloud computing. Kundra said five of seven short-term IT reforms efforts are on track.
Tags: technology , management , Vivek Kundra , Roger Baker , Kathleen Merrigan , Daniel Poneman , OMB , GSA , VA , USDA , cloud computing , Email-as-a-service , role of the CIO , IT reforms , data center consolidation , Jason Miller
EPA environmental protection specialist Una Song joins host John Gilroy to talk about the Energy Star project and how it can help your agency monitor its energy use.
April 26, 2011
President Obama said the Defense Department must continue to cut wasteful spending from its budget for the country to reach fiscal health. At the same time, the country must continue to invest in energy, science and technology, he said.
The Defense Department is preparing its first departmentwide strategy on how it uses energy for military operations and what it's doing to move to more secure energy sources. Leaders are hopeful that the strategy will be sent to Congress in April.
Lisa Margonelli, director of New America Foundation's Energy Policy Initiative and author of "Oil On the Brain: Petroleum's Long Strange Trip to Your Tank"