Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Energy
The federal government has developed a disturbing practice of cleverly hiding information.
Tags: Lurita Doan , Barack Obama , CBP , San Ysidro Port of entry , Jayson Ahern , GSA , Defense , DoD , contracting , SIGAR , Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstr , Susan Collins , Claire McCaskill , Tom Coburn , Education , Dick Durbin , NTEU , EPA , Commerce , Carol Browner , OPM , TSA , SBA , stimulus , small business , State , Treasury , Freddie Mac , Fannie Mae
WFED's Jason Miller reports
Rob Burton, Melissa Chapman, and Alan Chvotkin count down their top three Federal news stories of the week.
Sen. Tom Carper (D-Del.) said his subcommittee will take up the subject of energy conservation and the federal government when Congress goes back in session next week.
The Department of Energy's Federal Energy Management Program is an important part of the effort to "green" every agency.
Gen. Charles Wald of Deloitte discusses a recent report he co-wrote.
Dr. Linda Wilbanks
Chief Information Officer
June 12th, 2008
This is the first publicly announced award under the GSA Networx program to meet the Trusted Internet Connections initiative. FTC will receive intrusion detection, intrusion prevention and other cybersecurity services under the $5 million deal. GSA and OMB pushing agencies to transition to the telecommunications contract more quickly.
Ever wonder whatever happened to all those buyouts that used to be available? Well, they are still out there but as Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says, they are a little hard to find.