Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Ellen McCarthy
Every day, one federal agency simultaneously serves the global intelligence needs of the American military, the U.S. Intelligence Community, and, increasingly, domestic first responders. In this episode of AFCEA Answers, Ellen McCarthy, chief operating officer of the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA), discusses how "managing through portfolios" makes sense during a new era of intelligence challenges and fiscal restraint. We'll also discuss how links with industry and academia are driving mission-focused innovations, like NGA's "Map of the World". And McCarthy talks about educating and recruiting the next generation of NGA innovators.
Intelligence community observer Ellen McCarthy says massive across-the-board spending cuts would result in significant layoffs in both the federal government and the private sector.
Hosts Bob Leins and Tammy Flanagan are joined by Ellen McCarthy, president of the Intelligence and National Security Alliance. They talk about what you need to know if you are interested in working in intelligence.
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
President Obama recently signed the 2012 intelligence authorization bill, which requires status reports on released Guantanamo Bay detainees.
April 16, 2009
President Barack Obama has restored the authority of the Intelligence Advisory Board and has appointed Senators Chuck Hagel and David Boren as co-chairs.
New report from the Intelligence and National Security Alliance highlights need for cooperation.
President Obama has restored the board's authority to report to the attorney general and appointed two co-chairs.
Host Bob Leins is joined by Ellen McCarthy, President of the Intelligence and National Security Alliance. They talk about what you need to know if you are interested in working in intelligence.
July 18, 2011
Tags: pay and benefits , intelligence , Intelligence and National Security Alliance , cybersecurity , analysis , information technology , security , acquisition , joint duty , Bob Leins , For Your Benefit