Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Elizabeth McGrath
The Defense Department is trying to put a number on how much it's saving in an efficiency drive.
Management leaders in the Defense Department said a dogged and determined end-to-end examination of the government's complex security clearance processes got that topic off of GAO's high risk list this year. That approach is coming to the rest of DoD's back office operations.
The Defense Department's leader of business process reform said Friday that she's hopeful the Government Accountability Office will remove one of DoD's high risk areas from its biennial list of government trouble spots. GAO is expected to issue the list within the next several weeks.