Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Elizabeth McGrath
The Defense Department is trying to put a number on how much it's saving in an efficiency drive.
Management leaders in the Defense Department said a dogged and determined end-to-end examination of the government's complex security clearance processes got that topic off of GAO's high risk list this year. That approach is coming to the rest of DoD's back office operations.
The Defense Department's leader of business process reform said Friday that she's hopeful the Government Accountability Office will remove one of DoD's high risk areas from its biennial list of government trouble spots. GAO is expected to issue the list within the next several weeks.