Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Education
Several local counties ranked at the top of the class. Montgomery County leads the way with an 86 percent completion rate. Fairfax's 85 percent puts the Virginia county in second place.
One year after the President called for improvements to how agencies hire workers, OPM Director Berry said KSAs, long job descriptions and the rule of three are mostly a thing of the past. On average, agencies are hiring new employees in 105 days and most job descriptions are five pages or fewer.
The Education Department is going back to school by updating its student cyber privacy plan.
The Department of Homeland Security is on the hunt for cybersecurity summer interns.
A sea of about 100 red-shirted North Frederick Elementary School supporters cheered and clapped to get the attention of county commissioners.
The administration's IT agenda for fiscal 2012 will include new tools to combat cyber threats as well as major overhauls to how agencies manage their systems. Agency CIOs say agility will be important moving forward.
Tags: technology , management , contracting , cybersecurity , Vivek Kundra , Richard Spires , Roger Baker , GSA , USDA , VA , DHS , OMB , cyberstats , collaboration , agile development , IT budget , program oversight , AFCEA , Meg Beasley
U.S. students are gaining hands-on experience operating a simulated submarine. We get details on how, and why, from Naval Reasearch's Anthony Junior.
Virginia's lawmakers are heading toward the end of their 45-day legislative session with big decisions to make on the three big items that directly affect people's lives: transportation, education and health care