Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Education
Education Secretary Arne Duncan said the furloughs would address tighter budgets caused by sequestration. He also discussed other possible effects, including reductions in contracting. Wednesday's hearing represented the first time members of Congress have closely examined the effects across-the-board spending cuts could have on civilian agencies.
Agencies are working toward implementing an executive order designed to crack down on "fly- by-night" colleges that target military members' education benefits
Federal employees were less satisfied with their pay after the two-year pay freeze went into effect in 2010, according to a report by the Partnership for Public Service. Although higher-ranking feds were most satisfied with their pay, the highest-ranking feds — those at the SES level — had the biggest dip in pay satisfaction over the previous year.
Deborah Temkin leads the governmentwide campaign against bullying, working with the White House and federal agencies to educate school districts and governments at all levels on what they can do to protect young people. She is a Service to America Medal finalist in the Call to Service category.
Tuesday night in Washington, 40 of the smartest, STEM-oriented American kids in in the whole country were honored.
Improvements to training and employee retention are increasing department workforces and saving money, agency chief human capital officers for the Education and Veterans Affairs departments said at an event Tuesday.
The Government Accountability Office thinks Congress can play a greater role in improving federal agencies' coordination and performance. In a recent report, GAO recommended Congress use new powers under the Government Performance and Results Modernization Act of 2010 in its oversight, authorization and appropriations roles. The law emphasizes program achievements over processes.