Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Edolphus Towns
The Oversight Committee has jurisdiction over all matters relating to the federal workforce including civil service issues, compensation and procurement. The chairman gives us an update on on-going legislation.
China has stepped up its cyber espionage and cyberwarfare capabilities, State Dept. pilot program launched, bill banning P2P programs on federal desktops introduced.
One of the most respected federal government watchdogs takes up a new challenge
Rep. Edolphus Towns explains the Restroom Gender Parity in Federal Buildings Act.
Defrauding the federal government is not enough to stop the award of future contracts.
The commissioner of the Internal Revenue Service offered a public apology Thursday to taxpayers who have had their names and social security numbers used to claim fraudulent refunds. The IRS is working to strengthen its internal controls to prevent it from issuing such refunds in the future.
Prudential challenged on payment of benefits, VA to track vets from enlistment to grave
Federal agencies are under the gun to develop strategies for moving many of their IT functions into the cloud.
Tags: In Depth , Francis Rose , House Oversight and Government Reform Commitee , cloud computing , technology , acquisition , Darrell Issa , Vivek Kundra , Dave McClure , Cita Furlani , Greg Wilshusen
Despite the potential benefits, a congressional watchdog warns that a more detailed game plan is needed to cover security and procedural concerns about cloud computing voiced by federal agencies themselves.