Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Eddie Eitches
On the Federal Drive show blog, you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
The American Federal of Government Employees says the Housing and Urban Development Department's plan to reorganize to save costs runs counter to an agreement it has with the union over employee furloughs.
A major restructuring at the Department of Housing and Urban Development will close or consolidate dozens of the agency's field offices nationwide and affect 10 percent of its 9,000-member workforce. HUD officials said the current organizational model is not sustainable given the constrained budget the agency faces.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" AFGE Housing and Urban Development Council 222 President Eddie Eitches and Department of Defense Local 2142 President Joe Gonzales detail the devastating impact sequestration would have on their respective agencies. AFGE Bureau of Prisons Local 1112 representatives Mike Schnobrich and April Bennett and Transportation Security Administration Local 778 Executive Vice President Bobby Newsome also appear.