Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: EPA
The winning app for the Environmental Protection Agency's Apps for the Environment Challenge helps people find the right light bulb for their homes.
The government's new strategy on electronic stewardship said no federal electronics should end up in a landfill. Agencies should make sure their computers, monitors and other equipment is reused whenever possible and eventually recycled by a certified company. The Government Services Administration will publish guidance in February.
Federal contractors may be getting away with fraud or shoddy work, according to a Government Accountability Office study of five years' worth of federal contracts. GAO found that most agencies are not using enforcement tools meant to cut off the flow of public funds to bad contractors.
Dead zones, fish kills and pollution are still problems for the nation's largest estuary.
Maryland submitted its final "pollution diet" plan Friday, which details how the state will achieve Chesapeake Bay pollution reduction goals five years earlier than mandated by the federal government.
Every other day, it seems, there's another report on TV about the rising epidemic of bedbugs.
A group seeking to link Fort Detrick to hundreds of cases of cancer in Frederick met with federal government officials Friday morning to turn over its privately collected data
The federal government, which owns nearly 20 percent of D.C., refuses to pay a new fee to clean up stormwater runoff, one that came about in response to unfunded EPA mandates.
Tags: WASA , Mark Segraves , Environmental Protection Agency , Water and Sewer Authority , National Association of Clean Water Agencies , Nathan Gardner-Andrews , Impervious Area Charge , Treasury Department , water bills , George Hawkins , Susan Poling , stormwater discharge , stormwater runoff , Potomac River , Anacostia River , Chesapeake Bay
Activism about cleaning up the environment since the first Earth Day has diminished, says one noted bay expert.
Tags: Chesapeake Bay , Chesapeake Bay Foundation , Chesapeake Bay Program , Clean Water Act , Kent Mountford , Earth Day , Environmental Protection Agency , Tom Horton , Pollution , population growth , urbanization , development
The federal government has developed a disturbing practice of cleverly hiding information.
Tags: Lurita Doan , Barack Obama , CBP , San Ysidro Port of entry , Jayson Ahern , GSA , Defense , DoD , contracting , SIGAR , Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstr , Susan Collins , Claire McCaskill , Tom Coburn , education , Dick Durbin , NTEU , Energy , Commerce , Carol Browner , OPM , TSA , SBA , stimulus , small business , State , Treasury , Freddie Mac , Fannie Mae