Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: EPA
There is a lot of talk about clean energy, but what are the facts? Many people don't realize nuclear energy accounts for nearly three-quarters of all U.S. electricity production that doesn't emit greenhouse gases. To meet the 2050 climate change goals in legislation approved recently by the House of Representatives, the Environmental Protection Agency estimates the need for 180 new nuclear power plants.
A government union is making its case to Congress to re-establish Environmental Protection Agency research libraries. An EPA Local of AFGE hosted a recent breakfast to discuss the closures resulting from Bush Administration budget cuts. In the closing process, hundreds of paper files were lost or thrown out. When the Government Accountability Office investigated, they recommended a moratorium on future closures until the all files could be digitized. EPA CIO at the time Molly O'Neil said she didn't know what was lost because the EPA hadn't done an inventory.
EPA itching for a fight.
Tags: Bed Bugs
How many Congressmen does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
Making Second Life accessible to the disabled and other challenges of merging Web 2.0 with the mandates of Section 508.
Watch or listen to this program on demand below
Tags: technology , it infrastructure consolidation , charlie havekost , HHS , Hord Tipton , DOI , Mark Day , John Johnson , GSA , mary ellen condon , SRA , steve picot , Cisco , Jim Flyzik , Tom Trezza
Molly O'Neill, former CIO at the EPA, explains why she thinks simply having a plan won't move agencies forward.
New portal on data.gov is now available to the public.