Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: EPA
President Barack Obama spoke to employees of the Environmental Protection Agency on Tuesday, challenging them to continue pursuing their "vital mission" of protecting the American people.
House Republicans have dotted nine remaining spending bills with well more than 100 "riders" that would redirect government policy or maintain it in some cases despite objections from President Barack Obama and Democrats in Congress. Most are unlikely to survive in final negotiations on a massive bill for funding government operations through next September.
The Republican-run House on Thursday voted to give Congress greater power to approve or reject major federal rules that the GOP calls "job killers" _ regulations covering everything from health care to dangerous children's toys.
The Army is collaborating with the Environmental Protection Agency to makes its bases more sustainable as part of its Net Zero initiative.
The EPA has announced five winners for its Apps for the Environment Challenge. The agency designed the contest to help promote the creation of mobile apps that make innovative uses of EPA's own data. The top overall app the agency selected is a light bulb finder that lets mobile users weigh their lighting needs against financial considerations and the environmental impact of their choices. EPA also selected winners in categories created by students, and a winner for the most popular app as chosen by users.
Three former agency employees say they tried to expose wrongdoing and were punished by EPA senior leaders. Several organizations marched to EPA headquarters asking for more support for whistleblowers.
The winning app for the Environmental Protection Agency's Apps for the Environment Challenge helps people find the right light bulb for their homes.
The government's new strategy on electronic stewardship said no federal electronics should end up in a landfill. Agencies should make sure their computers, monitors and other equipment is reused whenever possible and eventually recycled by a certified company. The Government Services Administration will publish guidance in February.
Federal contractors may be getting away with fraud or shoddy work, according to a Government Accountability Office study of five years' worth of federal contracts. GAO found that most agencies are not using enforcement tools meant to cut off the flow of public funds to bad contractors.
Dead zones, fish kills and pollution are still problems for the nation's largest estuary.