Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: EPA
Gordon Heddel of Booz Allen Hamilton talks about the challenges of creating a smarter but not bigger government. Aaron Miller of the Wilson Center discusses the hurdles awaiting new Secretary of State John Kerry. Bloomberg Government's Rob Barnett talks about President Obama's environmental policy. John Mahoney of Tully Rinckey says furloughed feds won't lose their rights.
Tags: Federal Drive , cybersecurity , Cybersecurity Update , DoD , DoD Report , Gordon Heddell , Aaron Miller , Labor Department , Booz Allen Hamilton , Wilson Center , Rob Barnett , Bloomberg Government , John Mahoney , Tully Rinckey , furloughs
On this week's Bloomberg Government Capital Impact show, analysts will talk about the top energy issues in 2012, and what's ahead for 2013.
December 27, 2012
A government watchdog is looking into Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Lisa Jackson's use of alias email accounts to conduct official business.
Malcolm Jackson, the agency's CIO, said two new contracts for IT hardware and email will begin to transform the way EPA buys and uses technology.
November 29, 2012
The Environmental Protection Agency said BP's "lack of business integrity" in its conduct and response following the Deepwater Horizon oil spill weighed into its decision to temporarily suspend the company from obtaining new federal contracts.
The Department of Veterans Affairs awarded a five- year, $36 million contract to HP Enterprise Services to move 600,000 VA users to the cloud for email and calendar use.
Sean Patton of Lockheed Martin talks about the EPA's migration to a collaboration and communication service. Sanjay Koyani discusses a partnership with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and other Health and Human Services components to get better leverage out of the information it has. Engineer Norman R. Augustin talks about a new report on STEM prepared by the National Academy of Engineering and the National Research Council.
Tags: Sean Patton , Lockheed Martin , cloud computing , email migration , technology , Sanjay Koyani , Center for Tobacco Products , FDA , Norman Augustine , National Academy of Engineering , National Research Council , STEM , Federal Drive
EPA's 25,000 email users will be fully migrated to the cloud by early 2013 thanks to collaboration solutions provided by Lockheed Martin and Microsoft.
Tags: Sean Patton , Lockheed Martin , Microsoft , Microsoft 365 , SharePoint , email migration , technology , industry , cybersecurity , Federal Drive , cloud computing , Michael OConnell , Microsoft Office