Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: EPA
Agency issues policy and handbook to help guide how social media is used. GSA develops documents based on existing technology and information management regulations.
Today marks the final day of "Sunshine in Government Week", a time to consider the goals of openness and transparency in government at all levels. Yesterday, a House subcommittee got an update on one of the most important tools in the effort toward government openness: the federal Freedom of Information Act.
Fiscal 2011 technology budget request is $79 billion and Vivek Kundra says that will address several challenges, including closing the gap between the private and public sector. GSA will run new apps store for handheld devices. OMB will lead the review of troubled IT programs.
Tags: technology , Vivek Kundra , Howard Schmidt , OMB , VA , GSA , CGI , Apple , cybersecurity , 2011 budget , IT Dashboard , mobile computing , TechStat , program management , PMAS , HSPD-12 , identity management
The Energy bureau has a goal to cut the carbon footprint by almost a third. GSA is helping agencies meet governmentwide green goals by providing measuring tools, training and acquisition assistance.
Tags: contracting , technology , Steve Kempf , Robert Brese , NNSA , GSA , DoE , White House , AFCEA Bethesda , Thin clients , energy efficiency , green purchasing , cybersecurity , Sustainability executive order
David Trimble, director of Natural Resources and Environment Issues at GAO, discussed some of the recommendations to fix EPA's budget management.
Dr. Gayle Hagler leads research in major developments that measure and map air pollutant emissions.
Dr. David Reif is a statistician for EPA's National Center for Computational Toxicology.
Wade Najjum, the assistant inspector general for program evaluation at EPA, joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to discuss the recent EPA IG report and what's next.
The Environmental Protection Agency's top lawyer says the agency is not censoring two of its California-based attorneys who posted a YouTube video criticizing the Obama administration's backing of a House-passed climate bill.