Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: EPA
Every other day, it seems, there's another report on TV about the rising epidemic of bedbugs.
A group seeking to link Fort Detrick to hundreds of cases of cancer in Frederick met with federal government officials Friday morning to turn over its privately collected data
The federal government, which owns nearly 20 percent of D.C., refuses to pay a new fee to clean up stormwater runoff, one that came about in response to unfunded EPA mandates.
Tags: WASA , Mark Segraves , Environmental Protection Agency , Water and Sewer Authority , National Association of Clean Water Agencies , Nathan Gardner-Andrews , Impervious Area Charge , Treasury Department , water bills , George Hawkins , Susan Poling , stormwater discharge , stormwater runoff , Potomac River , Anacostia River , Chesapeake Bay
Activism about cleaning up the environment since the first Earth Day has diminished, says one noted bay expert.
Tags: Chesapeake Bay , Chesapeake Bay Foundation , Chesapeake Bay Program , Clean Water Act , Kent Mountford , Earth Day , Environmental Protection Agency , Tom Horton , Pollution , population growth , urbanization , development
The federal government has developed a disturbing practice of cleverly hiding information.
Tags: Lurita Doan , Barack Obama , CBP , San Ysidro Port of entry , Jayson Ahern , GSA , defense , DoD , contracting , SIGAR , Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstr , Susan Collins , Claire McCaskill , Tom Coburn , education , Dick Durbin , NTEU , Energy , Commerce , Carol Browner , OPM , TSA , SBA , stimulus , small business , State , Treasury , Freddie Mac , Fannie Mae
There is a lot of talk about clean energy, but what are the facts? Many people don't realize nuclear energy accounts for nearly three-quarters of all U.S. electricity production that doesn't emit greenhouse gases. To meet the 2050 climate change goals in legislation approved recently by the House of Representatives, the Environmental Protection Agency estimates the need for 180 new nuclear power plants.
A government union is making its case to Congress to re-establish Environmental Protection Agency research libraries. An EPA Local of AFGE hosted a recent breakfast to discuss the closures resulting from Bush Administration budget cuts. In the closing process, hundreds of paper files were lost or thrown out. When the Government Accountability Office investigated, they recommended a moratorium on future closures until the all files could be digitized. EPA CIO at the time Molly O'Neil said she didn't know what was lost because the EPA hadn't done an inventory.
EPA itching for a fight.
Tags: Bed Bugs