Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: EPA
The FBI, and the EPA and GSA IGs have been investigating spear phishing attacks using real federal employee email addresses and stolen credit card numbers to buy toner cartridges online. GSA said scammers so far have targeted employees of the EPA, Interior Department's Fish and Wildlife Service, the Commerce Department's Census Bureau, the Department of Health and Human Services' National Institutes of Health.
Now that early-outs and buyouts are popping up in various agencies, the obvious question, for younger and older workers is: What's in it for me? Unlike the one-size fits all buyouts of the 1990s, the new version is tailor-made to individual groups, grades and regions, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
EPA's "How's My Waterway?" app earned the most votes out of eight finalists in ACT-IAC's Igniting Innovation awards. The site takes public data, simplifies it and adds new technology to make it easier to find and use by the public.
The Environmental Protection Agency has issued targeted early-retirement and buyout offers to hundreds of employees nationwide, according to an American Federation of Government Employees local. EPA officials are planning to offer early-outs at 19 different offices within the agency, spanning all 10 regions. Workers who sign up can receive up to $25,000 and will have to be off the rolls by early April.
New CIO at EPA; GSA gets another OMB detailee.
The agencies issued draft guidelines on how best to assess non-governmental environmental standards and ecolabels already in the marketplace for use in government. Comments are due in February.
Federal workers will still have to report to work for about four hours Tuesday even if the government shuts down.
EPA also issues guidance to agencies, and OPM updates the governmentwide shutdown guidance.