Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: ELC 2011
Former OFPP Administrator Steve Kelman shares his observations from the Executive Leadership Conference.
Lee Holcomb, a senior vice president at Lockheed Martin and this year's industry chair of the Executive Leadership Conference, joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to discuss the federal mobility push the theme of this year's conference, which kicks off this weekend.
USDA CIO Chris Smith, who co-chaired the conference planning committee, provided a behind- the-scenes look at how the conference is planned and the top priorities for his agency in 2012.
Young provided an update on mobility in the military and how the Pentagon is leveraging and tweaking commercial solutions to put mobile tools in troops' hands.
Mechling,the research vice president for the public sector at Gartner, discussed how the government's IT posture is changing both agency processes and missions.
Steve Kelman, who has studied management styles at government organizations, said agencies should embody a true tough love equal parts toughness and nurturing approach for better performance.
Fresh off its cloud email transition, Coleman said GSA has taken an agencywide not just a project- wide perspective on return on investment for its mobility initiatives.
Leaders from the General Services Administration, Health & Human Services, and other agencies are sharing best practices at the Executive Leadership Conference in Williamsburg, Va.
Federal News Radio's Jason Miller has an update from ELC 2011.
Military services and agencies, alike, are under pressure from senior defense officials to find savings from IT Rob Carey, DoD's deputy CIO said at the annual Executive Leadership Conference. In the coming weeks, Defense CIO Teri Takai will issue a memo detailing a new strategy for bringing existing consolidation and standardization efforts together. The budget pressures have helped push the department out in front of emerging cyber and mobile technologies.