Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: EIG
Congress gave Department of Housing and Urban Development programs to help homeless vets a slight boost in fiscal year 2012, in what may be a sign that Secretary Shaun Donovan's plan to turn around an agency once called the "poster child for scandal-ridden, dysfunctional bureaucracy" is working. Donovan said he is emphasizing performance based on data, and demanding that HUD staff increase collaboration among themselves and with other agencies. He spoke Thursday at the Excellence in Government conference in Washington.
The new emphasis on transparency and openness is requiring a different approach to leadership in many federal agencies. The NRC's Darren Ash gives us his take.
At the Excellence of Government Conference, the State Department's Richard Boly, director of the Office of e-Diplomacy, talks about ways to improve communication and transparency without adding cost or red-tape.
President Obama has mandated that federal government service be "cool" again. In an effort to comply, OPM director John Berry says he's going to try to find room for cutting edge technology in the federal workplace. Even if it means going into the depths of the basement of the OPM Building at 19th and E Streets NW.