Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: EIG
Congress gave Department of Housing and Urban Development programs to help homeless vets a slight boost in fiscal year 2012, in what may be a sign that Secretary Shaun Donovan's plan to turn around an agency once called the "poster child for scandal-ridden, dysfunctional bureaucracy" is working. Donovan said he is emphasizing performance based on data, and demanding that HUD staff increase collaboration among themselves and with other agencies. He spoke Thursday at the Excellence in Government conference in Washington.
The new emphasis on transparency and openness is requiring a different approach to leadership in many federal agencies. The NRC's Darren Ash gives us his take.
At the Excellence of Government Conference, the State Department's Richard Boly, director of the Office of e-Diplomacy, talks about ways to improve communication and transparency without adding cost or red-tape.
President Obama has mandated that federal government service be "cool" again. In an effort to comply, OPM director John Berry says he's going to try to find room for cutting edge technology in the federal workplace. Even if it means going into the depths of the basement of the OPM Building at 19th and E Streets NW.