Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: EEOC
The company will pay $155,000 to settle claims that one of its employees harassed another with daily derogatory sex-based comments. DynCorp denies any wrongdoing and says the alleged harasser is no longer an employee.
President Obama releases set of initiatives that includes a government-wide job fair and a new interagency task force to promote best practices. At the same time, GSA and the Access Board are updating the Section 508 requirements for technology.
July 23, 2009
Attorney Melissa Brand, of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission recommended tips on how agencies can settle their discrimination claims at the "pre-complaint" phase.
Federal CIO Vivek Kundra said there are more than 1,000 of these back-office systems and moving them to private cloud providers could save billions. Several agencies, including Labor and EEOC, already have moved their financial systems to a private cloud. Kundra envisions an interagency effort similar to the one for email where agencies commit to using a governmentwide contract for these services.
Tags: technology , Vivek Kundra , OMB , GSA , USDA , NRC , Interior , Labor , cloud computing , e-mail-as-a-service , financial management , human resources management systems , FedRAMP , cybersecurity , Microsoft , Politico , Jason Miller
Interior's National Business Center no longer will support CGI's Momentum software forcing NRC, EEOC, FLRB and NTSB to find a new financial management system provider.
PEPCO's underground power network has failed again. Power was restored briefly last night. Then failed. Affected agencies will each make their own call on whether to open to this morning.
Hosts Bill Bransford and Tony Vergnetti talks with Dexter Brooks and Jo Linda Johnson from the EEOC's Office of Federal Operations on their "Annual Update on EEO Matters in the Federal Sector."
March 11, 2011
Carolyn Lerner plans to improve the Office of Special Counsel if confirmed following the agencies two-year span without a Senate confirmed leader.
Tags: management , pay and benefits , OSC , Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Government , Carolyn Lerner , Daniel Akaka , USERRA , Hatch Act , Labor , OPM , whistle blower , protections , best practices , John Buckner