Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: EAGLE
Kevin Plexico, vice president of Federal Information Services at Deltek, will talk about a wide variety of issues, when he joins host Mark Amtower on today's show.
January 9, 2012(Encore presentation February 13, 2012)
Tags: acquisition , Kevin Plexico , Deltek , federal budget , IT spending , GSA schedules , strategic sourcing initiative , IDIQs , GWACs , NGEN , T4 , DHS Eagle , Eagle 2 , First Source , First Source 2 , US Army Eagle , SEWP 4 , Mark Amtower , contracting , procurement , Amtower Off Center
RFI could come later this summer for IT services contract. Agency to relook at contract four years ahead of schedule.
Homeland Security will slow down, possibly stopping, some projects to make sure they are on target. DHS also applying increasing attention to EAGLE follow-on contracts, and reviewing whether the Department has the right mix of federal employees and contractors.
The Homeland Security Department issued a request for information to replace its agencywide multiple award contract called Eagle.
Ray Bjorklund, senior vice president and chief knowledge officer at FedSources, discussed the confusion surrounding the Army's EAGLE contract.
Today we get the perspective of former OFPP administrator Steve Kelman.
DHS, VA say they need their own multiple award contracts because they want vendors who are familiar with their processes and requirements. Others say agencies want the "glory" of running large procurements and are unhappy with GSA's fees. GSA is trying to address the perception of poor customer service as a way to bring more agencies into the fold.
Tags: contracting , Ed O'Hare , Soraya Correa , Iris Cooper , Martha Johnson , GSA , DHS , VA , DoD , Jim Williams , Alan Chvotkin , Professional Services Council , Multiple award contracts , GWACs , Alliant , T4 , Ed O