Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: E-Government Fund
Senate lawmakers won out over the debate about whether or not to merge the E-Government Fund with the Federal Citizen Services Fund. DHS also receives $166 million for cybersecurity programs in the fiscal 2014 spending bill.
Inside the Reporter's Notebook: Shining a light on GSA contract awards; Congress continues battle over E-Gov Fund
News and buzz in the acquisition and IT communities that you may have missed this week.
The House Appropriations Subcommittee on Financial Services and General Government passed the fiscal 2014 appropriations bill with a provision to merge the E-Government Fund and the Federal Citizen Services Fund to create an Information and Engagement Fund for citizens. Appropriators also would cut the total request for the merged funds by about $15 million.
Federal CIO Steven VanRoekel said he will send SWAT teams to fix problematic technology projects. OMB also will ramp up monthly TechStat sessions. The governmentwide IT budget request drops almost $600 million.
Federal News Radio's Jason Miller offers his top stories of 2011 and predictions for 2012.
Tags: technology , acquisition , 2011 and Beyond , Jason Miller , Dan Gordon , cybersecurity , acquisition workforce , shared services , cloud computing , mobile , open government , HSPD-12 , identity management , NSTIC ,
The latest version of the minibus spending bill for fiscal 2012 includes a $4.4 million increase for the E-Government Fund.
Statement of Administration Policy and letter to Senate recommends keeping the E-Government Fund separate from the Federal Citizen Services Fund. The Sunlight Foundation and OMBWatch also want lawmakers to fully fund the E-Government Fund.
FederalNewsRadio has learned budget passback language also calls for alternative analyses for major IT projects in 2012. NASA, DISA are among the agencies out in front in using this technology. Both plan to share what they've learned, and best practices, with other agencies.
The Senator writes to Appropriations Committee members asking for money to increase the number of employees for the e-government and procurement offices at OMB. Lieberman also wants to combine the White House's requests for e-government and IT pilot projects.
Provision in 2010 omnibus spending bill requires credit checks on employees before giving them a government credit card. Law also requires agencies to create service contract inventories, and fully funds the E-Government Fund for the first time in eight years.
Tags: management , contracting , technology , pay and benefits , David Obey , OMB , OPM , GSA , DoD , AFGE , John Gage , omnibus spending bill , Agency credit card , service contract inventory , BRAC , A-76 , insourcing , Internet cookies