Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: E-Gov
The White House announced the launch of Ethics.gov, an online portal housing ethics-related data, including White House visitor logs, election filings and lobbying disclosures. The creation of a single, centralized database for lobbying and ethics information was a 2008 campaign promise by then-candidate Obama and follows a string of data-storing sites, such as Data.gov and USASpending.gov.
Former administrator of e-government and information technology at OMB gives us her take.
One reason for cuts to the e-gov budget is agencies have failed to make a business case for open government projects, said Mark Forman, former e-gov administrator.
They say no man is an island, and neither is a federal agency. Richard Boly is director of the office of eDiplomacy at the State Department. He spoke with Federal News Radio from the Excellence in Government Conference.
The bill includes $50 million for the General Services Administration's Office of Citizens and Innovative Technologies.
A deep cut to the e-gov funds for government transparency websites could impact collaboration between agencies and with the public.
Congress slashed funds to open government websites. Will these cuts impact the way feds' do their jobs?