Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Dulles Rail Project
Construction on the rail project at the heart of a northern Virginia interchange, one of the biggest and most disruptive for commuters in the area, has fallen behind schedule, WTOP has learned.
Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell was the guest Tuesday on WTOP's "Ask The Governor" program.
Heads up if you're going to be out and about in the car this weekend.
WTOP compares the region's two dominant counties -- Fairfax and Montgomery.
Tags: Sprawl & Crawl , VDOT , Interstate 95 , HOT lanes , Capital Beltway , Va. Route 123 , public transportation , Martin O'Malley , Wheaton , Shady Grove , Twinbrook , ICC , Interstate 270 , Interstate 370 , Md. Route 97 , Andrew Mollenbeck
All lanes of eastbound Route 7/Leesburg Pike will be shifted 40 feet Friday night.
"When people start seeing big concrete piers being constructed in the median of Route 7 or what they consider the middle of Route 7, that's going to be a little bit disruptive, and they're going to be gawking," says Marcia McAllister, a spokeswoman for the Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project.
The bus will take 45 minutes. It's billed as a faster alternative to driving.
Expect closures and detours at night on Route 7 near Route 123 as the heavily traveled road is widened for the Dulles Metrorail Project.
A dispute over the cost of railcars has the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority at odds with Metro, and the disagreement could delay the 2013 opening of the first phase of the rail line to Dulles International Airport.
Large trucks and commercial vehicles traveling near the High Occupancy Toll lanes and Dulles rail projects in Fairfax County will be stopped and inspected Tuesday morning.