Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Doug Bourgeois
May 29, 2014:Today, Jason Miller, WTOP and Doug Bourgeois, VMware, and Stuart Fleagle, Carpathia discuss the case for Hybrid Cloud. Major transformation is underway that affects how we live and work. This transformation is enabled by technological innovation, particularly by Cloud Computing and the Mobile Internet. For Federal IT organizations to successfully deliver this Transformation, they need to fully embrace their existing investments to leverage a hybrid cloud. A carefully architected hybrid cloud approach that leverages previous private cloud investments will help drive compatibility across a multi-cloud environment, and minimize the ‘silos of clouds' that are popping up today. Listen in to the discussion, and see what they have to say about the intersection of technology and transformation.
March 27, 2014: Today, Jason Miller, WTOP and Doug Bourgeois, VMware, talk about building a better business case to transform and manage IT in government. In the current budgeting environment, it's more important than ever to have a clear line of sight into the true costs of owning, maintaining and delivering IT services, so that data-based decisions and investments can be made. Listen in to the discussion, and see what they have to say about the intersection of technology and transformation.
The 10-year-old law created a centralized oversight and advocate in OMB for IT management and programs. It also focused on making the government more citizen-centered and having agencies collaborate on delivering services to the public.
Tags: technology , management , Karen Evans , Dan Chenok , Kevin Landy , Mark Forman , Information Technology and Innovation Foundation , E-Government Act of 2002 , FISMA , IBM , Government Transaction Services , VMware , Jason Miller
November 27, 2012
Crowdsourcing describes the various methods and processes for getting a sizeable and distributed group of people to accomplish a task, solve a problem, or make a decision. The Cloud is a platform for delivering vast resources and services over the Internet, accessible to anyone regardless of location. The confluence of the "Crowd" and the Cloud will usher in a powerful new software development model for the public sector.
November 9th, 2012
Learn insights on Federal agencies' cloud initiatives. Some agencies are sophisticated in their adoption/approach to the point of becoming cloud service providers for other Federal agencies. What does this mean for the later adopters? Can they plug and play into these organizations' clouds? What impact does this sort of model have on other initiatives such as Consolidation and Digital Government? Does this mean those brokers do all the work?
June 8th, 2012
OMB just released the Digital Government Strategy, calling upon Federal Agencies to identify and deploy innovative solutions to deliver high quality services to citizens and an increasingly mobile workforce - and to do so with significantly improved efficiency. To accomplish this goal, Federal organizations will need to further eliminate silos, establish a common platform for accessing and managing data and leverage device agnostic/mobile enabled applications. Interested in learning more?
January 24th, 2011
Platform as a Service may seem like something that only the most technically oriented IT professional may care about, but it has huge implications for Federal agencies' ability to reduce costs, to leverage modern technology to support their missions, keep employees productive and to truly leverage the capabilities of cloud computing.
March 13th, 2012 at 2PM
The advent of Big Data is creating a challenge for Federal agencies that are pursuing cloud computing and mobility initiatives. If data is locked up in brittle and/or underperforming resources, agencies can't realize the productivity gains promised by cloud computing and post-PC era technologies. Listen to learn more on how your agency can manage the rapid growth of data and derive greater value from that data.