Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Donna Dodson
Donna Dodson of NIST fills us in on the emerging research needs in cybersecurity. Dan Helfrich of Deloitte talks about the newly released report on leadership. Nick Taborek, a reporter with BGOV, discuss the up side of sequestration.
White House senior director for cybersecurity Andy Ozment said budget folks are getting a better understanding of why cybersecurity is important thanks to the administration's high- priority governmentwide goals. NIST also is helping push the cross-agency goals forward from a technical perspective.
Tags: technology , cybersecurity , NIST , Andy Ozment , White House , HSPD-12 , continuous monitoring , Trusted Internet Connections , Information Security and Privacy Advisory Board , cross-agency goals , Jason Miller
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
NIST launched the National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence in February and now is giving industry details on how it will work. The center's goal is to bring businesses and government together to solve cyber problems.
Tags: NIST , National Cybersecurity Center for Excellence , cybersecurity , technology , industry , Curt Barker , Matt Scholl , Patrick Gallagher , Public-private partnership , Karen Waltermire , Henry Wixon , Cooperative Research and Development Agreement , Esther Carey , Federal Drive , Cybersecurity Update
The Defense Information Systems Agency created a Defense-wide directory of email addresses in support of their enterprise email system. But the real value in the listing of every military and civilian employee, contractor and retiree email address may be in securing information in a new way through the use of access based identity management. NIST is testing how to best use secure identity cards in the cloud.
Tags: technology , Alfred Rivera , DISA , NIST , cloud computing , Army , enterprise email , identity management , HSPD-12 , Common Access Card , cybersecurity , DoD , information sharing , Jason Miller
In her position as the Deputy Chief Cybersecurity Advisor at National Institute of Standards and Technology -- part of Donna Dodson's job is to coordinate NIST priorities.
Making the exclusive cut is cybersecurity rock star - Donna Dodson. She leads the National Institute of Standards and Technology's Computer Security Division and is the Deputy Chief Cybersecurity Advisor.
OMB mandated departments implement continuous monitoring of their cyber networks by 2012. Part of meeting that goal is understanding what hardware and software currently reside on the computing backbone.