Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Don Hale
The National Defense Authorization Act; The Social Security Administrations Vision for 2025; The Efforts to Privatize the USPS; and Voter Protection - June 6, 2014
This week "Inside Government" speaks with Carmen Berkley, the Civil, Human and Women's Rights Director at the AFL-CIO discusses voter protection; The National Defense Authorization Act and its impact on DoD employees is explained by Don Hale, Chair of AFGE's Defense Conference; The Social Security Administration's Vision for the year 2025 with AFGE SSA Council 220 President Witold Skwiercznyski; and, the Stop Staples Campaigns and Efforts to Privatize the Postal Service with American Postal Workers Union President Mark Dimondstein.
Analysis of the Second Fort Hood Tragedy and How the 2015 Budget Proposal Will Affect Department of Defense Employees - 4/25
Special Rebroadcast from April 11, 2014: This week AFGE's "Inside Government" focuses on the second tragedy at Fort Hood. The AFGE DEFCON Chair Don Hale discusses the incident and what the Department of Defense has done since the first incident in 2009; Jeff Zuhlke, the President of the AFGE Law Enforcement Committee and Chair on DEFCON's Police and Security Working Group explains security on military installations; Michelle Washington, a Doctor at the VA with an MS and PHD in Mental and Behavioral Health discusses PTSD, its symptoms and how to treat it; and in a second segment, Hale discusses the threats that civilian employees and military families face in the 2015 Budget Proposal.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" members of AFGE's Department of Defense Local 2077 at the Selfridge Air National Guard Base in Michigan address the personal and professional toll of furloughs and sequestration. AFGE Defense Conference Chair Don Hale discusses assistance for AFGE members facing furloughs and Alliance for American Manufacturing President Scott Paul makes the connection between U.S. manufacturing and national security.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" J. David Cox Sr., president of AFGE, urges furloughed federal employees to file appeals with the Merit Systems Protection Board while Field Services and Education Director Dave Cann discusses furlough resources available to members. AFGE Assistant General Counsel Matt Milledge addresses employee appeal rights and Defense Conference Chair Don Hale analyzes sequestration's impact on military readiness.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" AFGE Defense Conference (DEFCON) Chair Don Hale analyzes the Defense Department's plan to reduce furlough days while newly elected 14th District National Vice President Eric Bunn discusses his top priorities. AFGE General Counsel David Borer details the union's latest legal victories and National Border Patrol Council Vice President Shawn Moran addresses sequestration's impact on border security.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" AFGE Defense Conference Chair Don Hale discusses the possibility of furloughs for civilian DoD workers if sequestration occurs. Alliance for American Manufacturing President Scott Paul addresses China's impact on U.S. manufacturing while Robyn Kehoe of the Federal Employee Education and Assistance Fund details FEEA's work with AFGE to aid Superstorm Sandy victims. AFGE Council of Prison Locals President Dale Deshotel also appears.
Rep. Gerry Connolly highlights deficit reduction contributions by federal employees - December 21, 2012 and December 28, 2012
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Rep. Gerry Connolly (D-Va.) discusses the sacrifices made by federal employees toward reducing the nation's deficit while AFGE National President J. David Cox Sr. outlines the union's 2013 agenda. AFGE Defense Conference Chair Don Hale details the impact sequestration would have on civilian Defense Department workers.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" First Command Financial Services District Advisor Bob Hill discusses the new Thrift Savings Plan Roth option and AFGE National Joint Council of Food Inspection Locals Chairman Stan Painter details a proposal by USDA's Food Safety and Inspection Service to change the inspection system for poultry plants. Also, AFGE Defense Conference Chair Don Hale and Vice Chair Patty Viers discuss personnel cuts at the Department of Defense and AFGE Nurses Steering Committee members Lisa Hartman and Shilo Schalk detail efforts to secure collective bargaining rights for all federal nurses.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Defense Conference Chair Don Hale addresses the Defense Department's plans to slash thousands of civilian workforce jobs. AFGE Political Action Committee Director Bob Nicklas and AFL-CIO's Ben Waxman also discuss the labor movement's collective bargaining win on Election Day in Ohio.
Defense Business Board convenes a second day of hearings on NSPS, the controversial pay-for-performance program at the Department of Defense. Members of the public, DoD staff and supervisors will follow six experts who, on Thursday, defended and attacked NSPS.