Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DoT
Senate also considering separate extension bill that would end furloughs, but Sen. Bunning has put hold on it. Transportation furloughs 2,000 employees and stops 41 major construction projects because it doesn't have funding.
Tags: pay and benefits , Ray Lahood , Nancy Pelosi , Harry Reid , Frank Lautenberg , James Oberstar , Richard Durbin , Jim Bunning , House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee , Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Commit , employee furloughs
Some employees are expected to come to work for at least part of the day, while others are being furloughed and are told to stay home until further notice, without pay. In continuing coverage of a story you read here first late Friday, FederalNewsRadio.com finds each Transportation bureau has a hotline employees should call for updates.
Tags: P&B , Federal Highway Administration , Motor Carrier Safety Administration , National Highway Transportation Safety Administrat , NHTSA , Research and Innovative Technology Administration , Jim Bunning , Furlough employees , Federal highway and transit funds
CFC is the world's largest and most successful annual workplace charity campaign, with more than 300 CFC campaigns throughout the country and internationally to help to raise millions of dollars each year.
Many federal government watchers think the former Harvard Law Professor has turned OIRA into a 'living laboratory' for writing government regulations based on behavioral economics.
President Obama's Executive Order on distracted driving will prohibit more than 4 million federal employees from texting behind the wheel while working or while using government vehicles and communications devices. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood says he's on a rampage about the issue.
Senator Chuck Grassley is asking the Secretary of Transportation to for an accounting of the administrative costs for the $3 billion "Cash for Clunkers" program set up on a temporary basis last year to help consumers buy new, more fuel efficient cars.
The FAA and the Department of Transportation join forces and hold a job fair for people with disabilities.