Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DoT
The Transportation Department is hoping a new idea drives employees down the Information Superhighway toward better collaboration.
Agencies are to review all IT projects over the next month, and the programs that are in the worst shape will go through TechStat sessions. This analysis is part two of a three pronged approach to fixing systemic problems with technology initiatives. Federal CIO Kundra says OMB will try to address those long-standing problems in October through the release of best practices.
Tags: technology , management , Vivek Kundra , OMB , IT project management , at-risk IT projects , Jason Millerv , Tom Carper , Susan Collins , Jeff Zients , Dan Mintz , Powertek , high risk projects , Jason Miller
Dozens of communities nationwide will soon enjoy major transit improvements, including new streetcars, buses, and transit facilities. Federal Transit Administration head Peter Rogoff gives us the details.
Agencies, such as PTO and Transportation, provide success stories for senior leaders. But telework also is hindered by the lack of comparable resources at home versus the office.
Tags: pay and benefits , Willie Smith , Danette Campbell , PTO , Senior Executive Association Executive Update 2010 , Bill Bransford , SES , telework , worklife , alternative work schedules , Meg Beasely
A recent GAO report looked at agencies' policies for choosing the locations of conferences and found that cost was the number one factor when it came to planning. Details from GAO's Lorelei St. James.
Several bureaus say transparency and knowledge management initiatives complement each other. Federal Transit Administration using similar approach for open government strategy as it did to create a knowledge management culture.
Senate passes and President signs the bill to make up for two days of lost pay for almost 2,000 Transportation employees.
OMB will issue a new memo on HSPD-12 in the coming weeks. Agencies are feeling more pressure to meet the secure identity card requirements. Administration is also closer to finalizing new strategy for securing online transactions.
Tags: technology , Paul Grant , Mike Butler , DoD , VA , SBA , Interagency Smart Card Advisory Board , OMB , CIO Council , Committee on National Security Systems , TechStat , HSPD-12 , Secure identity , Identity, credential and access management , Secure online transactions strategy
Sen. Mark Begich (D-Alaska)
U.S. Rep. Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.)
Sgt. Kim Munley and Sgt. Mark Todd
President, AFGE Department of Transportation (DOT) Local 3313
AFGE Defense Conference (DEFCON) Chair Don Hale and Vice Chair Patty Viers
About 2,000 workers need back pay from the two days the agency didn't have funds. If the bill is not passed this week, those employees could see a 20 percent pay cut in their next paycheck.