Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DoT
The Partnership for Public Service along with the Institute for the Study of Public Policy Implementation at American University released its annual rankings of the best places to work in the federal government.
A new online resource to help everyone involved in the hazardous materials transportation industry.
A website by Cornell University shows how federal rulemaking can become more transparent.
OPM Director Berry said agencies are commenting on the rules to implement President Obama's executive order to bring college graduates more easily into the government. Berry also wants Congress to change the law so feds who want to retire can phase in their exit and act as mentors.
President Obama expects to have an answer Friday morning about whether a shutdown can be averted. Meanwhile agencies have new guidance from OMB on how to prepare to close down their offices. Federal workers vent frustrations and ask questions during a town hall meeting sponsored by Rep. Jim Moran.
Tags: management , shutdown , Barack Obama , John Boehner , Harry Reid , Jim Moran , OPM , OMB , Congress , Dina Long , NTEU , Dan Adcock , NARFE , AFGE , SSA , FAA , Jason Miller , budget , furlough , budget 2011
OFSA conducted a survey to point out which departments and agencies were best using open source technologies.
Federal News Radio surveyed 10 agencies to find out how they are preparing for a shutdown, and how operating under a continuing resolution is affecting their operations.
The internship program at the Department of Transportation's Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization (OSDBU) trains women to pursue jobs in transportation.
The Army and the U.S. Transportation Command are investigating whether updated airships can be revived for both combat and humanitarian troop movement.
While Transportation officials say they haven't detected any incidents, but it isn't clear whether DOT's security problems could impact Recovery.gov or FederalReporting.gov.