Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DoJ
The Department of Justice has decreased its backlog of Freedom of Information Act requests and processed a record number of requests.
Van Hitch will work in the company's federal practice as an advisor to clients about long-term technology and transformational opportunities.
The Access Board hopes to publish new accessibility standards this fall, known as Section 508, which agencies use to buy tech products. The agency has been working on the standards for six years. But some advocates of disabled employees say the update, while necessary, doesn't address the real problem: lack of enforcement.
Luke McCormack will move to the department from the Immigration and Customs Enforcement directorate at the Homeland Security Department. He takes over for Van Hitch who retired in July.
The Association of Government Accountants is calling on the government to change how it finds and hires chief operating officers. AGA said better hires should lead to better program performance. And despite finding a number of shortcomings, AGA said performance improvement is working across the government.
Tags: performance improvement , AGA , Harold Steinberg , Association of Government Accountants , FAA , DOJ , Toni Trombecky , Ruben Gomez , performance improvement officer , management , best practices
The latest report on the 10-year effort to build a nationwide interoperable communications system shows law enforcement agents are still using 15-year-old radios. DoJ's Integrated Wireless Network program has been a victim of budget shortfalls and poor governance.
Hacker collective Anonymous has claimed responsibility for taking down the Justice Department's website just hours after Justice officials shut down a popular file-sharing websites.
Miriam Nisbet, director of the Office of Government Information Services, explains how her agency's role is different from the Justice Department's when it comes to the Freedom of Information Act.