Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DoJ
The survey found lack of resources, awareness and training were the most common challenges in complying with Section 508. Fifteen percent of agency components said they could not identify any challenges to 508 compliance.
Agencies dedicated more money and personnel to FOIA processing in 2011, but requests grew even faster.
The head of the federal government's information sharing initiative says agencies are doing a better job in a post-9/11 environment. Kshemendra Paul is the program manager for the Information Sharing Environment.
Long-time federal prosecutor Robert Storch is the first whistleblower ombudsman at the Justice Department. In this newly-created position, Storch is charged with making sure whistleblower complaints coming into the Office of the Inspector General are reviewed in a timely and proper manner.
The long-awaited, problematic case management application met full operational capability in May. Jeff Johnson, the FBI's CTO, said about 30,000 employees have been using Sentinel for about a month. The $451 million program modernizes the FBI's workflow and document management system.
The Justice Department plans to bring a new indictment against four Blackwater Worldwide guards involved in a 2007 shooting that killed 17 Iraqis. U.S. District Judge Ricardo Urbina had thrown out the case in 2009, but an appeals court reinstated the charges last year.
The Justice Department's Executive Office of
Immigration Review is implementing phase four of
their E-World initiative to bring e-filing
capabilities to attorneys.
July 12, 2012
DoD attracts and retains more employees through an increased involvement in the student loan repayment program.
Lawmakers ask for DoJ's IG to investigate the effectiveness of the agency's efforts to protect the whistleblowers in the Fast and Furious case. After alleged negative and potential threatening comments by an ATF official, lawmakers are concerned if the motive is vindictive.
Tags: Patrick Fitzgerald ,